Video streaming has become the need of time as people’s interest has shifted toward streaming and connecting virtually. As a video business, it’s a prerequisite to build your presence on a video streaming platform where you can invite and connect with audiences worldwide. However, while looking for an ideal platform, a vast range of such platforms might overwhelm you. This is why we bring you the list of the top 12 online streaming platforms you can choose from.
Let’s head on to them-
What Are Video Streaming Platforms?
Video streaming refers to the ability to stream or watch videos using the Internet. The platforms where these videos are streamed are known as video streaming platforms. Such platforms are used by both content creators and viewers, where content creators upload the video content and viewers stream it.
Some top video streaming platforms let content creators upload both on-demand videos and conduct live streams to connect to their fans in real-time. These platforms also let creators monetize their content using subscriptions, advertisements, rentals, and other options. As per the requirements for features and budget, creators can choose any of these platforms and start creating and hosting content online.
12 Best Video Streaming Platforms For Businesses
Here, we bring the 12 best online video streaming platforms to add to your list of considerations.
1. GUDSHO Video
GUDSHO Video brings you an all-in-one platform where you can host your video content and monetize it. They avail you of revenue streams such as SVOD, TVOD, AVOD, and Donations. You can utilize more than one of these streams and multiply your earning potential. Among all the video streaming sites, GUDSHO Video is well-known for its security features, as it provides AES encryption, SSL certificate, and other measures to keep your data completely secure.
- Advanced video CMS that lets you operate all your operations from one place
- Instant channel setup within 5 minutes
- Video marketing support so you reach the target audience in no time
- 4+ monetization models to increase your overall earnings
- Various options such as geo-restriction, bulk sell, embedding, special screening, etc.
VPlayed can provide you with an OTT platform with the features and customizations of your choice. The platform is also keen on app development that helps you grab an even wider range of audience. As a business, when you want to have your own OTT platform to provide streaming and on-demand services to your audience, choose VPlayed.
- Development for OTT platforms and mobile applications
- 7+ monetization options for maximum earnings
- DRM solution, SSL certifications, AES encryptions, and more
- White-label solutions to keep the branding alive in your videos
- Robust CDN to keep the content delivery lag-free regardless of the location
If you’re looking for a platform that has been running for years and provides a professional-looking, clean interface, explore Vimeo. First created in 2004, Vimeo is now known by millions and used by businesses and enterprises. Other than paid plans, they also have a free plan, however, with limited resources. Vimeo is a white-label platform where you can customize the video player to match it with your overall brand’s look.
- Streaming platform for both on-demand and live streaming
- Advanced and enterprise-level plans for big resources
- Options for Q&As, polls, live chat, and other such discussions
- Provides SVOD, TVOD, and AVOD monetization options
4. IBM Cloud
IBM Cloud works best for enterprises that need large quantities of resources to satiate users’ content needs worldwide. Also, large businesses that need no limit on bandwidth or storage can rely on IBM Cloud for both on-demand and live streaming. The platform is majorly dedicated toward corporates; hence, it takes utmost care of data and information by providing all needed privacy features.
- Advanced analytics, captioning, and multi-layered security
- Live streaming to support conferences, product launches, and other such virtual events
- Earning opportunities through SVOD and TVOD
- Global CDN for instant delivery of video content
- 30 days free trial; four pricing plans and custom plan as well
Dacast is another enterprise-level streaming platform since it fulfills big requirements of resources in terms of storage, bandwidth, security, insights, and more. The strongly-built platform has transcoding abilities to let your videos play on various devices with different internet speeds. To make it even better, they provide real-time analytics so you can instantly uncover how well your audience interacts with your video content.
- Video security tools, and CDN for secure and global delivery of content
- Transcoding ability to make videos available for several bandwidths and devices
- On-demand and real-time streaming
- Live countdown, real-time insights, social media integration, etc.
- Revenue generation through subscriptions and pay-per-view
Brightcove suits the needs of large businesses and enterprises where compromises in resources and security are out of the question. The platform supports most industries, and most of its clients are big IT companies and marketing agencies. Businesses looking for an ultimate, robust B2B video streaming solution should opt for Brightcove. They’re also rich in advanced video monetization options and marketing solutions.
- Both VOD and live streaming services are available
- High-end security measures
- Three revenue streams: AVOD, SVOD, and TVOD
- Tools to increase audience engagement
- Options for Q&As, live chatting, quizzes, polls, and more
Wowza is known for its extended support when it comes to video hosting and integrations. The platform is highly scalable, making it perfect for big companies that want increased resources with time. Their robust API and SDK solutions let you have customizations in a jiffy, and their amazing customer service resolves any queries whenever you need them. However, for monetization, third-party integrations are a must.
- Support for both on-demand and live streaming with powerful CDN
- CMS lets you manage all the operations in one place
- Analytics to tell you the performance of your videos
- White-label video player to brand your videos
Flowplayer serves all sizes of businesses with their on-demand video hosting and live streaming services. You can earn from this platform via AVOD or by putting advertisements in your videos; for other revenue streams, you must perform third-party integrations. Also, to access live streaming and DRM, you need to choose from their expensive plans.
- White-label video player with HTML 5 support
- Live analytics to provide real-time engagement insights
- Header bidding option to provide space for ads and earn
- Premium live streaming support without any lags and delays
- 24*7 customer support for extended support
Kaltura is known for its big customizations, where any brand can personalize the videos as per their brand’s theme. The platform serves just right for virtual events, meetings, and webinars. Businesses can also use it as a training platform and provide necessary sessions to their employees.
- Cloud-based video streaming and transcoding
- Advanced CMS for in-depth content management and creation
- Real-time data about your video performance and users’ behavior
- Options to create quizzes and video paths along with other interactive elements
- Wide range of monetization options and robust support
Dailymotion is dedicated to the Entertainment niche which content creators use to upload videos, web series, and movies. It’s also one of the oldest and biggest streaming platforms; Dailymotion allows 2 hours long uploads, which makes it perfect for creators to upload films. The easy-to-understand interface is another perk of this platform that many viewers find similar to YouTube.
- Videos can be protected using passwords
- Provides both on-demand and live streaming
- Earn revenue through ads and website monetization
- Less restrictive for copyright content
- Custom thumbnails, adaptive HLS streaming, embed options, social sharing, etc.
11. JW Player
This one lets you host your videos online and stream them to your audience. You can upload your recorded videos or live stream the events; you can monetize the same using SVOD, TVOD, and AVOD. Protect your videos with JW Player, which lets you have multiple DRM integrations. Here, you can live stream 24/7 to your global audience without technical obstruction.
- Content protection with DRM, geo-blocking, URL signing, and more
- Highest-quality scalable live streams across devices
- Cloud-based content management for better flexibility and security
- Launch your OTT apps for a premium viewing experience
- Revenue generation with AVOD, TVOD, SVOD, Coupons, and Vouchers
The last one is Twitch.tv, a great option for those who want to stream their video game sessions. You can live stream on Twitch if your content belongs to the gaming, tech, or fantasy niche. You become eligible for Twitch Affiliate and Partner programs by meeting the criteria which starts with reaching 50 followers. You can also earn by running ads; your payment gets credited based on total running minutes of your ads.
- Receive tips from your viewers
- Engage with your audience via live chat
- Community option to let your viewers share tons of chit-chats
- Ability to send your current viewers to a live stream of your choice
Our list of best online video platforms ends here, now it’s your turn to pick the one that suits you the most. Always consider some important features such as HTML 5 player, revenue options, security standards, and streaming options while making the final choice. Next, look for a platform within your budget, and only go with the plan that offers you the needed resources; do not go overboard with resources if you won’t use them.